by: Ysabella Fernandez
Growth factors are naturally occurring proteins in the body that play a crucial role in the hair growth cycle. They work by signaling scalp cells to produce more hair and provide hair follicles with the nutrients they need to thrive. If your body is not naturally producing a sufficient amount of growth factors, this could result in hair loss symptoms. While many hair loss treatments may address surface-level issues or provide temporary solutions, the inclusion of growth factors can be a way to trigger the body’s natural response to encourage ongoing hair restoration.
Although they may be a new concept for many, growth factor products are an exciting innovation in the world of hair loss treatments. Here are just a few of the many reasons that you should consider products with growth factors in their formula:
- Promote cell regeneration: Growth factors promote the multiplication of the cells that are responsible for the production of new hair. This leads to a higher number of active hair follicles, and in turn, increased growth of healthy hair.
- Activate dormant hair follicles: Hair follicles naturally go through cycles of growth, rest, and shedding. However, due to many factors such as genetics, aging, and hormonal imbalances, sometimes hair follicles will become dormant. Dormant hair follicles produce thinner and shorter strands of hair. Growth factors can re-activate these dormant hair follicles so that they can continue to function normally.
- Prolong the hair growth phase: The use of growth factors can extend the length of the anagen phase, or “growth phase”, of the hair growth cycle. This enables the hair to continue growing and thickening at a steady rate over a longer period of time before going back into the catagen and telogen phases.
- Reduce inflammation: One of the reasons that can hinder hair growth and can even contribute to hair loss is chronic scalp inflammation. Due to the anti-inflammatory properties of growth factors, inflammation can be reduced, and a more healthy environment on the scalp is created.
- A more natural option: A disadvantage of many hair loss treatments is that they can be invasive, involving either surgical procedures or the use of pharmaceuticals that contain chemicals and hormones with potentially harmful effects. Using growth factors to treat hair loss is a more natural and non-invasive approach compared to other popular treatments.
With the numerous benefits of growth factors when addressing hair loss, it’s clear that they can potentially revolutionize the way we approach hair restoration. Through years of extensive research, we at KeraFactor have found that most patients experiencing thinning hair and baldness are lacking certain key growth factors. It’s because of these findings that our products were designed to deliver biomimetic growth factors at the right concentrations, with the appropriate bioavailability profile (KeraFactor Peptide Complex™), to result in dramatic improvement. Additionally, during our KeraLase treatment, the combination of the Lutronic laser and our nanoliposome technology allows people to receive a significantly higher concentration of growth factors directly into the scalp.
With all of the incredible benefits that growth factors bring to the table, we’re excited to have you join us on the journey towards healthier hair. It’s time to embrace the future of hair care, and KeraFactor is here to guide you every step of the way. To learn more, you can explore our blog and visit our product page for a closer look at our range of innovative products. The path to revitalized hair starts here, and we can't wait to be a part of your transformation.